Sunday, May 16, 2010

Personal Blog reviews

A few weeks ago, I posted about some of the author blogs that I follow and read on a regular basis (can be found at:http://johnsankovich.blogspot.com/2010/04/blogs-im-following_9658.html), now I'm going to provide some reasons that I enjoy each one.

Weronika Janczuk: http://www.weronikajanczuk.com/
(I enjoy her blog because she is on the front lines, as a reader and as a fellow writer. Very insightful and informative regarding contest, and other goings on.)

(Her first blog is a collection of interesting blog posts around the globe, which are helpful, not always, but usually I will check out a few of them. The second blog is more about her writing and personal life. Some very nice insights into her process and fun things that pop up around the web.)

(She was the first blog I started following, and would be one of the last if they started to dry up because I love her sense of humor, her honesty, and following her journey to being published is very inspiring as well as humorous. She keeps it realz and awesomesauce, if she doesn't mind me taking her word. I've also got a soft spot in my writing life because she was one of the first beta readers of my first book and really got me to take my writing to the more professional level, while giving me a direction.)

(She is one of my fellow crit buddies who has gotten a lot busier as of late, but her blog is growing fast and I love her voice. Very informative and a great person.)

(If you are looking for ways to market yourself, your book or anything in between, this is the person to follow. She always has some awesome ideas, and keeps it very practical in regards to what is achievable. She's a marketing person in real life so she has the credential's to back it up.)

(Another beta reader that I started following. She's keeps it real, and is local to me. Her blog ranges from writing to personal at times, and I enjoy the voice she employs throughout it as she doesn't keep her opinion to herself and lets it out, very respectable.)

Suzette Saxton and Bethany Wiggins:http://suzettesaxton.blogspot.com/
(These two are probably the nicest people that I've never met. They always seem to have a positive outlook on subjects and seem to the front runners in a lot of events going on. If you have heard of something writer related going on, chances are they knew about it in advance and probably had a hand in making it a reality.)

(He is someone that has recently joined my critique group, as well as invited me to join his other crit group. Very straight forward and no none sense outlook on writing. I like his insights into his writing process as it differs from mine since its more analytical, and not as much emotional. Very cool read.)

(She's the newest blog that I follow, however, I like her voice and her cynical attitude to writing related things. She seems to say the things that most of us are feeling, but keeping hidden.)

(She's a medical mind and I have seen her blog morphing into a more mature blog over the past few weeks. I like the way that her blog is on a schedule so I know what to expect on each day before I click on it. I also know who to go to when it comes to any sort of psychiatric questions because she is working in the field.)

So this is my review of these blogs and am thankful for each and every one of them because they have opened my eyes to new things in the writing world. With them, I realize that writing might be solitary in creating, but doesn't have to be as such as you are part of something bigger even if you are just starting out, or been around the block a few times. Thank you all.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, John! I need to check out the blogs I don't already follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, like mentioned above, they all have good info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, John! Thanks for the shout out! I've gotten a bit behind on commenting lately (oral boards really took me out of the writing game), but I'm glad to see you're still posting your zombie series--it's a lot of fun!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete