Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life's obstacles

As you might have noticed yesterday, that I didn't do any writing. It's an unusual event when I'm not able to write as my wife gives me an hour a day to do so after work. If I want anymore, I have to squeeze it in after she's in bed, which doesn't happen often as I get up for work at 5:30am, so being up after 11pm isn't good for the soul.

So when something like my car has issues and I didn't get home until nearly 5:30. I lost my hour because of the kids and the requirements of being a father demand. So my writing went kaput.

I was wondering how do you guys deal with obstacles in your life? Do you just forsake what you want to do because that time was taken from you like I did in this case, or do you just rearrange your schedule(if you go with one) to still get in your writing?

If you can't rearrange your schedule, do you not give something the necessary time that it deserves so you can get back to the thing you would rather be doing?

What sort of obstacles have you had to overcome to reach your goal, or find the time to do something that you love doing? I'm pretty good at keeping my schedule with the family, however that kills writing time sometimes. So what do you do when you are faced with this choice? Did I do the right one? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment