Monday, January 25, 2010

Influences

I was thinking about my writing and how far I have come since I started writing, a long long time ago.

This got me thinking about some of the influences of my writing. I'm an avid reader of Stephen King, yet don't write horror, nor think I could do a good job of it, but he influenced me in one small way. His mastery of telling a riveting story has influenced me to be someone who strives to tell my stories in such a way.

Another influence is my past life. Not going to go in details as they aren't important, but I learned how to persevere through complicated situations and still come out accomplishing what I set out to do.

I have also been influenced by the challenge of seeking representation. It's disheartening when getting a rejection, but if you keep working at it, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You just need to want it bad enough to work for it.

What sort of things influence you and your goal of being published? What is your goal in life, or writing? Do you have things that seemed insurmountable, but once you attacked them they seemed easier and made you stronger?

No comments:

Post a Comment