Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What to do next?

I have finished my fourth novel recently and have had a little trouble figuring out what to do next. I plan to start in March, and have a few ideas. One is a sequel to my most recent novel, just because I love the world I built and the characters. The other is a middle grade novel  which would be a new experience and I could learn a lot from writing in a younger voice.

My question is mainly would it be bad to switch genre like that before my first book is ever published or picked up? How hard is it to write for two different age groups, I know Shannon Messenger has done it and so has many others, but do you think it is something that I should attempt?

What sort of planning should I do for my new projects, just like I normally do, from the seat of my pants? Go for some planning this time to make the process a bit shorter in the first round? What do you guys do when you are thinking of doing another project, just dive in head first, plan it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment