Friday, February 24, 2012

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Sorry for missing Wednesday, it was a busy day for me and I just didn't get around to posting this then.

I received this game for Christmas this past year and as being a fan of previous Zelda games, I figured it would be worth the price of admission.

Let's start off with the story: this is supposed to be the very first tale in the Zelda universe, yet it doesn't feel that different from any of the other numerous versions. You still know Zelda, she gets lost, you go find her. However, this one has some nice twists and turns along the way, it still follows this format. It's not a bad thing at all, because it works and is reliable. Nothing wrong with that.

The graphics: These are probably the best graphics I have seen on the Wii. Very colorful, vibrant, and didn't have any issues with them.

The controls: I felt that the WiiMotion Plus was a bit much and that is my only downfall with the game. At times I didn't move the sword exactly right and then I would get hit and fall off a ledge. Or my shield wouldn't come out fast enough and I would nailed. Added some unnecessary frustration to the experience. I'm not sure I would like to play another motion control game just because of the sometimes finicky nature of motion controls.

Overall: I felt that the game about an 8 out of 10 for me. I liked most of the experience, but sometimes the controls added frustration where there didn't need to be any.

No comments:

Post a Comment