Sunday, October 10, 2010

Remake Movie Reviews

This past week, I rented both the Karate Kid and A Nightmare on Elm Street remakes of their 80's counterparts.

Karate Kid was pretty good, it started off slow, but what surprised me most was the acting of Jayden Smith (Will Smith's son) who I felt did a good job. He seemed to be following in his father's footsteps pretty well. The one downside of the movie I felt is that it started a bit slowly and is a longish movie at 2 and 1/2 hours. Other than that, I would say this one is as good, if not better than the original movie.

A Nightmare on Elm Street is a mixed bag for me. I am a big fan of the original movie and felt that this one didn't live up to it very well. I felt that the makeup of Freddy wasn't as scary, but looked a bit retarded. I know it was supposed to be more realistic, but its a horror movie, it should be scary. Also, I felt that the acting was pretty bare bones. Nothing stood out, but nothing really detracted from the film. The one good thing of this movie, which I liked was the way that Freddy was depicted by the actor. It was pretty creepy. However, Robert Englund is a classic and is well known. Oh yeah, I also thought that the gore was upped for this one, but its a horror film, and expected.

Karate Kid 4/5
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment