Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dead Rising 2 Review

So as you might have guessed, I'm a big fan of all things zombies, so picking up this game for the Playstation 3 was a no brainer. The zombies are let loose in a vegas look a like city and you have to clear your name.

The graphics are pretty good considering you can have up to a couple hundred zombies on screen without any slow down. I enjoyed it except when I was swarmed without a weapon, not so much fun, but that will hark to something a bit later on.

The story was there, motivation to keep you moving, but nothing spectacular. I enjoyed the small stabs at other games and movies that were sprinkled throughout the survivor rescues.

Now the only thing that sort of irks me with this game is the controls. The way that you move is good enough, but when you start facing off against people with guns and other such advanced enemies it becomes a small problem. My main problem is the dodge roll isn't the easiest move to use because you have to press down the control stick that you are moving with so sometimes you roll in undesired locations.

The replay ability is massive because of the many things to do and having to level up your character. I know that I will enjoy going through it to do different things such as some of the trophies, which are a lot of collectibles.

I would give this game a solid 3 out of 5 as I know most people don't enjoy the zombie genre as much as me, but for me its a 4/5 because I love zombie games.

No comments:

Post a Comment