Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Weekend

As many of you know, it was Halloween last weekend. Now I'm not a big fan of the holiday as I'm one that doesn't like to stand out, and dressing up isn't my cup of tea, but I celebrate it for my kids.

This holiday had a couple of firsts I wanted to share.

It was the first Halloween that we went around our neighborhood for treats, usually going to our cousin's neighborhood, I know one of those people. So this year, we decided to stay around the house and have to say that my daughters made out like bandits. It was a very good time and knowing that we can just hang around the house and get the treats makes for a very relaxing Halloween.

It was the first time we went to the Scream at the Beach in Jantzen Beach. I've never been to the mall before and was a bit disappointed in the showing. Now I know the major draw is the Haunted house, which we weren't there for, but despite that, it was supposed to be a place for the kids to trick or treat at the stores, and it was only like 12 stores. To be honest, maybe there were more if we ventured outside, but my kids were dragging near the end of the trip. They did love the carousel though.

And the last first thing was my daughter asking to go home instead of me having to drag her home after treating. Never thought I would hear that, but it was a good night anyway. I hope everyone else had a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment