Sunday, August 29, 2010

Poker Frustrations

I have to share this with everyone and I promise to tie it to writing in some way at the end.

So lately, my poker playing has been decent, but not good enough to make any money at it. I've made final table after final table at like every game, yet finish either 5th or 6th, which makes it outside of the money.

Now that the small rant is over, I have started to wonder if you had a character who kept falling just shy of his goal, would that be compelling or just frustrating? It got me to thinking about how my characters fail a few times, but it just makes them stronger and that is a good thing. It allows the reader to connect with them on a greater level as they start to root for them, which is what we all want our readers to do.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment