Sunday, August 15, 2010

Despicable Me and Inception Review

So this past weekend, we went to a Drive-in theater. The first time I've been to one in a very long time. I think it was before I reached 10 as the last visit. So as I saw a double feature that night, I'm going to do a double review.

Despicable Me - Good animated movie, very, very cute minions and have to say that I liked it a lot more than I was expecting. I thought that the antagonist wasn't that great of a challenge though and was more of an obstacle as a true equal. I would give this movie a good 4/5 review.

Inception - This movie got huge reviews based on it's thrilling special effects and those didn't disappoint, however, I felt that the plot was hard to follow. It might have been that it was midnight almost for when it really got started, but I didn't care for this movie as much as I thought I would. The acting was good, the characters were well drawn out, but I kept thinking that the twist that was causing so much debate wasn't that great. I sort of had this feeling all the way throughout it. Good movie, and will rent again to see if the plot is better than I remember, but right now I have to give it a mere 2.5/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment