Sunday, August 1, 2010

Clash of the Titans 2010 review

This past week, my wife and I rented, the new remake of "Clash of the Titans." I haven't seen the original in many many years, but thought at least that it would be a decent action flick. I like the myths that it draws on and also, thought that the previews looked interesting. Don't underestimate my wife's influence in our movie choices. (Love you honey :p).

This movie was a pretty shallow film overall. The action scenes were cool, the special effects were passable, not great, but the thing that most let me down was the believability. Now I know its fiction and all, but even that has to have some merit behind it. The main character in this film started his quest because his family, who wasn't his real family, was killed. His real father wants him to fail, but also succeed, and it just seemed like too much to follow and get behind.

Now if they kept it to the single motivation of wanting to avenge his family's death, cool, but this movie had to throw in the girl in danger, the desire to get back at his god father, who wouldn't even claim him until it was convenient for him. This all adds up to a muddled story, which I found a bit boring because everything worked out for him, and it wasn't always that difficult.

Enough of the negative, I felt that this character was cool, and was interesting in his own right. It could be because I like the mythology and demigods rock most of the time. However, the rest of the cast was well done, and I felt myself feeling bad for some of the minor characters being killed when they were killed, because of this.

So overall, I would rate this movie a 2/5, but is worth a rental if you are into the mythology like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment