Sunday, August 15, 2010

Barnes and Noble

This past weekend, I paid a visit to Barnes and Noble for the first time in a long time. I know. I know. As a writer, I should visit it more often, but our budget was spent buying my wife a Kindle for her birthday, so sue me.

Anyways, I had a good time and picked up a couple of books. One was book 7 of the "Dark Tower" series by my favorite Adult Author, Stephen King. God what I would do to meet him in real life. Anyways, I'm excited about this because I have been reading this series over the past couple years and now finally get to reach the end of Roland's fateful journey. Should be fun.

The other book that I picked up was "Gone" by Michael Grant, which I picked up after looking over a bunch of other Young Adult books, such as "Forest of Hands and Teeth," by Carrie Ryan, which I've heard wonderful things about, also looked at "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins, as well as "Fade" and "Gone" by Lisa McMann as I have read the first book in this series a while back, so I will go back and read these down the road.

So the reason that I picked "Gone" is because the premise interested me. Basically, in the blink of an eye, all the parents are gone. Leaving a bunch of kids left to fend for themselves. I liked it because it sounded really interesting to me. So I will post a review in a few months after I'm done with book 7 of the "Dark Tower" and "Gone" to let you know what I think.

Have any of you read any of these books, because I'm always up for recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment