Sunday, January 16, 2011

Little Big Planet 2 Review

I won a copy of this game during the Subway contest they had over the fall. I got my copy on Friday. I throughly enjoyed the first one, because of its flexibility to be so many different games in one. This one ups that bar to the point it had me asking, "Will I need another game ever?"

Over the weekend, my wife and I played through the story and those of you that have played the original and had fun with the story, this one is better. It even has voice over actors for the major roles, and it does a good job showcasing the various types of games that can be made in this game. For example, there is a few levels where they aren't just typical platforming, they have a caterpillar race through a tree as one level. I don't want to spoil anything else, but this story was pretty good compared to the first one. Minus a few nitpicks.

The humor of the game is still the same so if you enjoyed that it is more of the same.

The one thing that I haven't had a chance to play with is the create mode, primarily because I like to go into it with most of the items that I can get from the game, and I'm still about 40% short at this time. My wife and I already are thinking of a few different connecting levels which are children can play.

That's another thing about this game is that it is very family friendly. My 2 year old son really enjoyed watching us play because of the various funny things you can make your character look like, or do.

Overall, if you are looking for a game that has longevity, please check this out, because I think it will last for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment