Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nightmare on Elm Street

So, in a couple weeks, the new remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" is going to be released. I'm particularity excited due to the fact that I grew up on the originals. So I'm a little apprehensive, due to the fact that I have fond memories of the originals. So my wife and I decided to rewatch the entire series as I have it on DVD. Like that wasn't obvious. As we have only watched the first two, I have to say that they hold up pretty well for the horror aspect. Granted their are better graphics and stories now days, but back then they did more with less in some aspects. Have any of you felt the same thing? What are some of your favorite old Horror movie series? Halloween? Friday the 13th? etc? I'm just curious as this recent relapse into the 80's is sort of interesting to me.

Let me know what you think are the best of the 80's in terms of horror.

1 comment:

  1. I was born in 1980 so I was too young to see those films when they first came out. I saw a clip of Nightmare on Elm Street once (where Jphnny Depp gets pulled into the bed and the blood, oh the blood!) and it scared me for life. lol. I still can't watch it.
    I do like Halloween. I had to study it in a film class. It's an interesting take on putting the viewer in place of the killer when looking through Myers mask.

    ReplyDelete