Sunday, July 18, 2010

E-books

So this has been brought up before by many a blog and it got me to thinking, why do some author's decide to keep their books from this format? Is is because, like J.K. Rowling, that you want to keep the integrity of the written word on book format? Or do you embrace it and think of it as a way for your words to get to more readers?

Me, myself, I feel that if my project ever sells, that I would sort of like to have it on e-format, because of the last reason. It allows more readers to get my book the way that they want it. That should be the goal of all authors is to get their story out to their audience no matter where they are hiding. In particular, kids these days are more attuned to electronic devices, cell phones, video games, computers, ipods, ipads, etc, so if they are more into this sort of device, why not bring your story to something that they are comfortable with.

I'm not saying that the physical book is dying, and it probably wont die off in my lifetime if ever, but I believe in allowing the reader to experience your book in the way that they choose. Heck if they wanted a copy of the book written in sky writing, should I care? Maybe so on that one, but I hope you get my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment