Sunday, June 27, 2010

Genre

So I wrote last week about audience and how I go about choosing mine for my novel. So this week, I wanted to touch on genre and why do you write the genre you write? Me, I consider myself a young adult author, but keep them in the realm of paranormal, (no vampires), or action/adventure.

The reason that I started writing in the first place, was because I wanted to write the stories that I enjoy down, so that's why these genre's are the ones I play with most. Granted, I have dabbled in other genre's such as horror (oh so bad), romance (hehe), and comedy (made it about fifteen pages before dropping it). I'm not funny.

So what sort of genre do you prefer to write? Why did you choose that genre? What are some of your favorite books or stories in this genre?

No comments:

Post a Comment