Sunday, June 27, 2010

Game Review: Fat Princess

Since the expansion is coming out for this PSN title today, I decided to revisit this game recently. I remember really enjoying it, but other games came out that sort of took my attention away. So I fired it up this past weekend, and it completely rocked.

The main thing about this game that makes it so fun, is the animations along with the sound effects. Small comments like, "Their in our base, killing our dudes!" the announcer screams when the enemy invade your castle, are part of the charm.

There are a few bugs that happened to me during the games this weekend, but only one really frustrated me. I was up on some roofs sniping some guys, when the game switches my character with a computer character. I could watch, but not play. Then after like five minutes, and it dying for me, the game opens the menu and quits for me. Weirdest thing, was like I wasn't even in control of my system. Once I got back to the menu, everything worked fine. I would have thought it was a hacker if I didn't know better.

So I played about 30 games this weekend, with a 22 - 9 win/loss ratio. Not bad for not having touched the game since October of 2009. The charm is still there, the ease of it to pick up and play is still there, and with the co-op patch coming out today, my wife wants to join me in the online romps, so needless to say, that this game just got a lot better. Oh yeah, in case you were wondering, the expansion includes, pirates, ninja's and giants. We'll see how they affect the balance of the classes.


1 comment:

  1. Sniping,huh?

    I haven't really played many multi-player games online, so this may be my "gateway" MMORPG.

    I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the review.

    -Ed

    ReplyDelete