Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WiP Wednesday

I have been working feverishly on getting my book ready for querying this fall. It's nearly polished, but will be seeking some beta readers again in the near future.

I am really enjoying the rewrite process because I can see it getting clearer, cohesive and just a more complete story arc. It's pretty fun.

I have started a new process for this book and that is to read it out loud, which is helpful to get a sense of run on sentences, sentence fragments and just the flow of the words. I have a tendency to read out loud very fast, which  annoys my listeners at times, and they have to tell me to slow down. It helps to slow down to really enunciate the words and has helped me catch a few places where things needed to be clarified.

So what are some of your techniques during the rewriting process?

No comments:

Post a Comment