Friday, September 30, 2011

What I look for in Beta Readers

It's that time again for my current project to be looked about by trusted beta readers. I just wanted to see what everyone looks for because I think it my vary wildly.

I look for readers that are going to be:
Honest - Don't worry about hurting my feelings. As long as it's not a personal attack and about the writing, I can handle it.

Knowledge - They know the rules and know where I make mistakes or when I am bending the rules for the story.

Understands the genre - I like readers that have experience in either reading or writing the genre that I am looking for feedback on.

I think these are the three things that I look for in test readers for my writing, what are some of your ideas for an ideal beta reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment