Monday, September 26, 2011

Manic Monday

Now that I have two children in school, Monday's have become chaotic because they get to sleep in during the weekend then have to wake up early to get ready for school. It's a bit a trying at time, yet we get through it.

This morning reminded me of some of my writing habits. Sometimes when I'm working through the revisions, I am sort of like them. I read the sentence, think in my head that needs to be punched up, and move on. It is sort of lazy, I know, but I can't help it all the time. Currently, I am working through my revision and have been reading it out loud while doing so, and have found it to be useful to actually make the changes while I'm reading because otherwise I will forget. It sort of kills the flow of my reading and I have to read the corrected sentence to make sense of it, but it helps.

My question for my readers is, what sort of lazy things do you let slide by at times while doing your writing? Do you read a sentence and know that it needs work and pass over it, or do you do something else that you are embarrassed of in your writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment