Friday, June 10, 2011

WiP Update.

So after doing my rewrite of my last twenty or so pages of my WiP, I have hit my stride. I am looking at about another 40 pages to be complete or so. I actually have an ending visulized, and the next scene ready to go for when I get some time tonight. I've got the excitement back in my writing which had been missing during last week.
So my little break last weekend and going back to a few earlier chapters helped spawn new ideas. Wonderful how that works.

By the way, I've decided not to put a timetable on completing this draft,(I've already missed two self imposed deadlines) its already taken longer than expected, but I think it's better than it would have been if I just tried to bust it out quick style.

This got me thinking about how long do your first draft usually take? I consider mine more of a draft 1.5 since I've been getting feedback while doing the draft, which could explain part of the time it took me to write it. At least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it makes me a bit giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment