Sunday, November 7, 2010

Enslaved PS3 Review

So this past week, I played a newer game for the PS3 called Enslaved. It's based on the story "Journey to the West."

The graphics were gorgeous. I loved the way the environments remained varied as you made your way through the world. However, some of the environments seemed built that way only for the fact to allow Monkey, the main character to climb up. Now that isn't a bad thing, but it was a bit obvious at times. The facial animations of the characters was also well done and is one of the game developers major strengths.

Now the story is a different story. It was there, but sort that's it. It is based on the story of another work, but in this piece it seemed to sort of there. I wasn't really emotionally invested in the characters, because of this, which with the way they looked and how they portrayed them, I wish I was more invested. Also the ending was sort of a let down, but I won't spoil it.

Overall, I felt that the game was decent for a rental and glad I didn't buy it as it was on the shorter side, even playing on Hard. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment