Friday, January 6, 2012

Synopsis Help?

As I mentioned Wednesday, I have started work on my synopsis. Now I have been writing these for a lot, so it's not my first one, however, they always have one thing in common and that is I never feel like they are any good. 

When I do the first draft....

I just spew out all the details of the main plot, some minor bits of the secondary plot then usually end up with a five to ten page thing. Then I have to pare it down to one to two pages. I keep the longer versions, but I like my synopsis to be succinct. 

I'm have particular trouble with my current one in that there is a three sided conflict and it is proving difficult trying to interweave them like it is done in the book. Any tips?

What are some of your favorite things about synopsis? Do you have a certain process you go through? Do you write it before your write the book or after? Any websites you can refer to me to for help? 

No comments:

Post a Comment