Monday, January 23, 2012

The NFL Playoffs

This past weekend was Championship Football for the NFL season. Now my team has been out of it for weeks now, yet I'm still impelled to watch the games and you want to know why? Because it is great entertainment.

I'm bummed that the Super Bowl is a rematch and one that was memorable in it's own right, but this time around I'm not so sure.

Back to the games on Sunday. The thing that made these such exciting games were primarily the fact that they were back and forth, up and down, highs and lows. All things good books need to have... Like how I fit in the writing reference there?

I think if our books have this sort of unpredictable outcome, then we have a winner on our hands. We want our readers to be enthralled from start to finish and that is what sports in general bring to life. I also think that is why playoff sports is the most interesting time, just because the rewards and stress is amped up to a whole new level.

Everyone loves rooting for the underdog, like the Ravens Sunday. It just connects us because we all have been there, we've been scratching and clawing our way to someplace where we are recognized for our efforts. Unfortunately, in life that doesn't always work out and that's okay, because we will continue to try.

So this upcoming Super Bowl will be a decent match. I'm not particularly fond of rematches, so I'm not as excited as I would have been. How about you? Are you a football fan like myself, or do you not really care much at all? If so what team are you going for? If not, what are you doing instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment