Monday, October 10, 2011

Schedules

As many of you know, my work schedule has changed to a night shift. Now some people like this because it gives them the mornings to accomplish things, however, me, I hate it.

Now I can understand the benefits for some people, but to me it's a horrible schedule for me. I get home around 10:15pm, and then eat something and then its like bedtime. I'm a nighttime writer, but writing at 11:00pm after trying to spend some time with the wife before bed makes it difficult to stay awake and create powerful prose.

So what should I do?

I've been thinking about writing during the day, however, my wife runs a daycare in the house so that's a negative aspect of lots of noise. Go the library? Good idea, and one that I'm thinking of trying soon.

The biggest thing is that I usually write at night, it's been my schedule for years now, but I guess as times change so should I.

Have any of you had changes in your schedule that modified when you had time to write? How did you deal with it? Did you adjust or just take a break until things returned to a normal schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment