Sunday, February 20, 2011

WiP Update

My current project is going along smoothly. Being critiqued at the same time I am writing the first draft is helping me out. It's making the draft go slower, but I am really fixing some of the major issues in the earlier chapters, so that I know details that are important.

For example: The father of my main character is the mayor of the city. So I've been trying to show two sides to him, and have been failing pretty bad. I get it right sometimes, but after getting some excellent feedback recently on a chapter, I think I know how to proceed with him that will help him become a better character for the rest of the book.

Have any of you guys written a first draft while having it critiqued? What did you think about the change to your process?

No comments:

Post a Comment