Sunday, February 6, 2011

Favorite Book adaptations into Movies

This is the post that I was thinking of posting last Friday, but since I was sick, here it is.

I don't know if any of me or my friends books will ever turn into movies, but I thought that the process would be pretty cool to think about.

What are some of your favorite book into movie adaptations? We all know most books are better than their movie counterparts, so we won't get into that debate.

Some of my favorites are the easy to think of:
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
The Mist
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile

I know I'm missing a lot, because it seems like 9 out of every 10 movies made is adapted from something else. I remember the days when more movies were original, wonder what happened to those days.

Anyways, back to the point.

Some of the ones that I felt the movies didn't do the books justice are:
Salem's Lot
It

As you can see, I have seen a lot more of the Stephen King variety book conversions, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some, so what are some of your favorites and least favorites?

Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Pet Cemetery was awful. Most of Stephen King's books were terrible movies, but a few gems like The Shawshank Redemption and Stand By Me were terrific.

    ReplyDelete