Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Trouble with Endings

I just finished my WiP 2nd draft, and still am struggling with the ending. I think that it's rushed, but not sure how to slow it down. Since I promised Beta's that I will be sending it today, actually that was supposed to be last Friday.

I am going to take some time to think about it and how to tie it up better. I will let my Beta's give me their feedback and take it into consideration, but ultimately it's up to me. I have to decide whether it works for the characters, or if its too forced. Maybe it ends too fast, or maybe too late and I should end it earlier. So many options.

What are some of your favorite endings in books, maybe I could get some ideas of how to end it?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes endings seem rushed because there's not enough detail. Sometimes it's because the characters don't react to events. Punched in the jaw? That hurts. Your best friend is killed? That's even worse!

    At least, those are problems I've noticed with my endings. I need at least ten versions before I even START to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can agree with that. I wonder why it takes so many attempts to like an ending.

    ReplyDelete