Friday, May 6, 2011

Review "a blue so dark" by Holly Schindler

Another one of the books that I received from Michelle McLean's contest.

This book was difficult for me to read. Not because of the language used, or the font, but the subject material was intense.

The main character is dealing with a mother who is schizophrenic, which makes her normal life impossible.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I have to say that the way Holly shows us this disease through the eyes of the daughter was scary.

I did enjoy this book, but am not sure if I know anyone personally that would enjoy it much as the subject matter is more on the depressing side. A good book to read if you are interested in schizophrenia, or mental illness this would be a book that interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment