Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Receiving feedback

I have recently received feedback and I did the normal stuff, I read it, let it sink in then put it aside until I'm ready to actually do the edits.

This allows me two things, it allows me to get perspective away from the immediate emotion of receiving the feedback. It also allows me to think about the advice for a while and decide what is useful and what isn't.

I have done this with most of my feedback for my life and it has worked out. My current project is still in a very early draft so the comments such as grammar and sentence structure is helpful because I know it's needed, but having examples pointed out help a lot. The one good thing is that my plot, which is what I was worried about, is still solid and works.

So what are your techniques for handling feedback from your readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment